[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We are exposed to toxins in our environment almost everywhere we turn but we can make our own environments a safe haven from chemical onslaught through our choices in our cleaning products, cookware, house paint, carpet, deodorant, makeup, food, and water.
Examining each and every product we come into contact with may sound extreme, but for our health, as well as our fertility it is necessary.
Oven cleaners, deodorant, perfume, pesticides, cleaning products, insect repellents, cigarettes, shampoos, hair dyes, processed foods, deep sea fish, tooth paste, tap water, lead paint, new carpet, and amalgam fillings are all sources of toxic exposure but each of these also has a natural alternative that can be so much better for your body and the environment.
Here are some practical ways to limit clean up your environment:
- Choose organic natural skin care and makeup.
- Use natural nail polish and remover.
- Drink filtered water.
- Use aluminium free deodorant.
- Avoid SLS in shampoo, soap, and toothpaste.
- Use essential oils instead of air freshener and perfume.
- Make your own cleaning products with vinegar, bicarbonate soda and essential oils.
- Do not smoke and avoid passive smoking.
- Only have an X-ray if absolutely necessary.
- Turn off computer, WI-FI, and other electrical appliances when not in use. Do not have them anywhere near you while sleeping.
- Avoid using a microwave oven.
- Actively detoxify your body with the help of your practitioner.
The closer we get to nature, the more we can nurture ourselves in preparation for a baby. Cleaning up your environment before bub comes along, will make you more aware of the array of chemicals that we do not want to expose our children to, and inspire you to have a clean safe family home.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]